You would like to gather accurate or additional information on your guest (transport, accommodation) at the time of registration. You can do this by creating a customised field, by following the steps below.
Under the "INVITE" section of the admin tool, click on "Profile Field".
At the bottom of the page, click on "Create a profile custom field".
Replace the following fields:
1. "Name": this will be the new title for your customised field.
2. "Label" : this is the title (sentence or question) that your guest will find on their form.
Check the "Show" box if you would like to make visible, the corresponding field on the form and in the participants profile on the application. This box is checked by default.
Check the "Search" box if you would like this field to be a search term for other participants on the "Networking" tab of the application.
Eg. to search for participants of group A from the networking tab.
Choose the type of field you'd like to use.
- One line answer: the response is limited to 255 characters.
- Multiple line answers: the response can have an unlimited amount of characters.
- Multiple answers: numerous responses possible. For that, enter all the possible responses.
- Single answer: only one answer possible through the use of option buttons. For that, enter all possible predefined responses.
- Select: one possible answer from a dropdown menu. For that, enter all possible predefined responses.
Click on "Create".
Once your registration field(s) is (are) created, go to the "INVITE" section, then "Registration Forms" and edit your form or create your own registration form.
In the "Fields" block, you will find at the bottom of the list your custom fields. Check those that you want to show on your form and which ones you want to make mandatory to fill in.
You can save your form again and make your changes effective.
- From the admin tool, go to the "INVITE" section, then "Profile Fields".
- Click on the "Create a profile custom field" button.
- Give a name to your field (which is only visible by you) and the field name (visible to the participants). Eg. do you need transport?
- You can choose to display or not the fields in the participants profile on the application.
- You can add this field as a variable in the "Networking" tab on the application.
- Choose type of fields you want to set up (one answer, multiple answers...).
- Validate your changes.
- Go to the "INVITE" section, then "Registration Forms" to activate these fields on your registration page. Check the fields you want to make visible and/or mandatory.
- Save your Changes.
- Make your fields mandatory only if deemed necessary. Indeed, this can be an impediment on the participant registration process.
- Once you have completed all of the steps above, consider reviewing the various fields of your registration form. To find out how to do this, you can consult the following article: How to view your registration form?