You have created your emails and SMS for your event. It's time to schedule your campaigns. The campaigns will allow you to schedule your emails and SMS at times that are more likely to be efficient for your attendees. Find out how in this article.
Edit an event on the back-office and go to the menu item "INVITE" and click on "Campaigns".
If you do not have an email or SMS yet, please create them before scheduling a campaign. More information in these articles: How to create an email? and How to create a SMS?
You may also add attendees to your event by visiting the "Attendees" page under the "INVITE" menu item.
We will go through 4 steps to complete to schedule a campaign:
Choose the message you want to send. You will find in the drop-down select communication emails, invitation emails and SMS messages you have already created.
When your email or SMS is selected, click on "Next".
Using the drop-down select, choose the recipients you want to send your message to:
- "All": all event's attendees.
- "Select attendees manually": choose your recipients among your event attendees. You may use the seach bar to ease the selection process. You may change your selection afterwards by clicking the edit button which will appear right below.
- "Attendees who are registered to specific sessions" : a pop-up will open and allow you to choose the session among the sessions of your Agenda.
Registration statuses :
- "Invitation not sent": attendees who have never received an invitation email.
- "Awaiting answer": attendees who did not reply to the invitation email.
- "Confirmed": attendees who confirmed their attendance.
- "Declined": attendees who declined your invitation.
Check-in statuses :
- "Checked-in": attendees who came to the event and were checked-in on site.
- "Not checked-in": attendees who have not been checked in at the event yet.
- "Haven't received the message yet": attendees who did not receive the selected message.
- "Those who never logged in the app": attendees who have never logged in the application (web or native).
- "Those who haven't yet set up a password": attendees who have not created a password.
- Groups : send the campaign to this group of participants.
You may add conditions in order to target some attendees more precisely.
To do this, click on "+Add". Select the drop-down menu on the left and choose:
- "And": to add recipients corresponding to another option.
- "Without": to remove the corresponding recipients.
Note that you can add several conditions by clicking again on "+Add".
More information on AND and WITHOUT operators here: How to use operators to filter recipients?
Once you have selected the recipients, click on the "Next" button.
In this step, you can set whether you want your message to be sent now or scheduled for later.
In order to schedule an email or SMS, choose the date and time. The send date and time will be automatically set with the event timezone.
Then click on "Next".
In this last step you will get a summary of your campaign, including:
- The number of attendees targeted by your campaign out of the total number of attendees.
- The recipients who have already received this message.
- In the case of SMS campaign, recipients who do not have a phone number and therefore will not receive your SMS.
Click on "Send" to start sending or schedule your message.
The campaign will be listed on the tables below along with sent and scheduled campaigns.
- As soon as the message is sent, you'll receive an email from Eventdrive with a link to access the campaign report.
- Remember, scheduled date and time match the event timezone.
- You may edit scheduled campaigns up to the send date.
- You you may delete scheduled campaigns (they will be canceled).
- If you plan a campaign to be sent in the next 5 minutes, the campaign will be sent straight away.
- It is recommended, and required by law, to obtain the consent of your recipients before sending them an SMS (for example in the registration form). Please consult with your legal advisors to ensure that you comply with the law that applies in your country.