With Eventdrive you can send SMS to your attendees. Find out how!
On the back-office edit an event and go to the "INVITE", "SMS" and "Messages" menu item.
Click on "+ Create a new SMS" and fill in the following fields:
- "Name": give a name to your SMS that will be used as a reference when you send it. This field is only visible by event managers on the Eventdrive back-office.
- "Tags": add tags to your SMS that will make it easier for you to find your way around if you have a certain number of SMS messages to your list. Use a comma to separate several tags. Example: vip,free
- "Content": enter the message you wish to communicate to your attendees. You may use emoticons.
- "Merge Tags": add merge tags to your SMS messages and make them more personal.
Test the message by entering your mobile phone number at the bottom of the page (test SMS are free of charge):
Step 4 (if you use the merge tags)
When writing the content of your SMS, it is possible to integrate merge fields.
To do this, simply click on the following button to display the available merge tags:
After this action you will be able to access all available merge tags either:
• %attendee_first_name%: Attendee's first name
• %attendee_last_name%: Attendee's last name
• %event_name%: Event's name
• %organization_name%: Organization's name
Click on the proposed merge field to see it appear in your SMS.
- An SMS can contain a maximum of ~160 characters. It may be less if you use special characters (such as emoticons). Don't worry if you exceed this threshold, the next SMS will add up automatically (same as sending long SMS on your mobile).
- Emoticons can be inserted in an SMS. An emoticon counts as 3 characters.
- Default sender name is your organisation name limited to 11 characters. If you wish to change the sender name of your SMS messages contact us! firstname.lastname@example.org