You have set up a Q&A and would like to broadcast it on to your event wall. Learn how to do so in this article.
From the Admin tool, click on "Shortcuts" found on the top right of your page. Then click on "Moderation" to access the moderation platform.
Else, you can directly enter the following URL, the moderation link followed by the event ID: moderation.eventdrive.com/#event/EVENTID
Click on the "Express Yourself" icon, represented by a raised index finger and then choose the Q&A that you'd like to broadcast.
If you haven't connected to an event wall, click on "CONNECT A WALL". A new tab or new window will open up with the event wall. Go back to the moderation platform.
Check our article How to manage broadcasting during my event? to be able to manage your broadcasting.
To the right, under the name of your event wall, you will see the "Express Yourself" show up.
To the right of "Express Yourself", you will see two icons. The first that looks like a settings button and the second a screen.
Click on the icon that resembles a screen before starting to broadcast your Q&A.
Then select each contribution (questions or comments) that you'd like to appear on your event wall. To do this, click on the icon that looks like a play button under each contribution. These icons in grey turn green.
On the top right of the page, click on this button as many times as needed, in order to have each contribution appear. Repeat until they all appear on the event wall. The button will change depending on status of the post, when in pause it will look like "ll". To switch back and forth all you need to do is click on the icon.
If you'd like to freeze the questions/comments on your wall, ensure that the play button appears.
Else if you prefer the opposite, you'd like the contributions appear automatically on your wall, You must ensure the "ll" appears.
Once the host has addressed the contribution, you can remove it from the event wall. Click on the icon that resembles a screen with a play button found under each post to remove the post. The green icon will turn grey to show that it has been removed from the wall.
- Connect to the moderation platform.
- When in "Express Yourself" choose the name of the Q&A.
- Ensure you're connected to a wall, else click on "CONNECT A WALL" on the top of the page.
- On the right of "Express Yourself", click on the icon the settings icon in order to make your edits.
- Select each contribution that you'd like to appear one-by-one by clicking on the icon that looks like a screen. It is found below each contribution.
- Click on the next icon as many times as needed to ensure the contributions appear. if you'd like to fix the display of your questions/comments on the screen, ensure the play button appears. Else you'd like the contributions appear automatically on the wall, ensure the "ll" button appears.
- Once the questions/comments have been addressed, you can remove each question/comment by clicking on the play button under each post. The icon will become grey.
- If you'd like contributions to automatically show up on the event wall, you can configure the time between the display of each question by moving the cursor to "Time between each question (in sec)", then click "UPDATE OPTIONS" to save your changes.
- to edit a question or a comment, click on the pencil below the post to change it, make the necessary changes then "VALIDATE".
- To make the post appear/disappear on attendee devices(smartphones or tablets), click on the icon "V" below the contribution(s). When it is grey, it doesn't appear on the devices and when it's green, it appears.
- To send a question to the animator on stage, check out our article on How to send questions to the animator?