You will find in this article all the information needed to create and configure a survey for your event.
Go to "EVENT INFO", then "Survey".
Click on " Add a service (Survey)".
A new survey is automatically created.
From " Edit: survey" block, fill in the following items:
- " Survey name ": rename this feature the way you want.
- " Description ": add a description if you want to.
- " Link to a session ": you can link the survey to one or more sessions in the calendar in order to make it more accessible to your participants.
- " Visibility ": you have to choose between "public" and "private":
Discover the specificities for each visibility:
- The purpose of the public survey is that is can be accessed by all whom possess the survey link.
- You can communicate the survey link by your own (mailing, social network...) or through Eventdrive.
- You have the long URL and you can customize a short link as well.
- You are able to add it to your website and your app.
- The purpose of the private survey is that it's only accessible via an email sent from Eventdrive.
- To send the survey, link you survey to your email and send it from from the Eventdrive tool.
- The option "Unique answer per attendee" will appear. Uncheck the box will allow your attendees to answer the survey more than once. Check the bow will allow your attendees to answer only once.
- You are able to add it to your app.
At any time you can preview your survey by clicking on the dedicated button "Preview your survey" at the top right.
You can also translate your survey by clicking on the dedicated button"Translate" at the top right.
Do not forget to click on " Save " at the bottom right.
Add questions by clicking on "Add a Question".
Choose the type of questions. For more information about the question type you can use, refer to What type of questions for my survey?
Write your question on the "Question" field. Check the "The response to this question is mandatory" if you want that attendees can't continue the survey unless the question is answered.
Then click " Save ".
If you have chosen the "Multiple answers", "Drop down list" , or "Single Answer" questions, you can now add the possible answers by clicking on "Add an answer".
If you have chosen "Single-line answer" or "Multi-line answer", you do not need to input any predetermined answers. The attendee will answer by himself/herself.
Then, you can "Add a page separator" and/or "Add a section separator" to organise your survey.
- In "EVENT INFO", then "Survey".
- You can choose between "public" and "private" visibility.
- Click on "Add a question" to choose the type of question and determine if it is mandatory or not.
- Depending on the type of chosen answers, you may have to input predetermined responses.
- Click on "Add the page separator" and/or "Add a section separator" to better organize your survey.
- In order to edit/delete services, questions or answers, use the option button and click on " Edit ".
- You can duplicate questions with same answers. You will just have to change the questions without adding answers each time. To do it, click on the option button of the question to be duplicated and click on "Duplicate". The question appears at the bottom with the mention "Copy". Change its name and click on "Save".
- If you want to organize the questions according to their subject, you can create sections by clicking on "Add a section divider". To know more, please read What is a section separator?
- To put your survey on several plages, please read What is a page separator?
- Limit the number of questions of your survey if you want to collect a maximum of comments. We recommend you not to put more than 10/15 questions in order to have better answers.