The Eventdrive Platform allows you to use two types of registration forms. The public or private. In this article learn the difference between the two.
The purpose of the private form is that it's only accessible via invitation. This lets you integrate your participant list and send an invitation email from the Eventdrive tool. Only invited participants can access and sign up for your event.
The good thing about the private form is that, as soon as you fill in fields on the participant import file (i.e. company, function), thus enabling this information to already be filled out for each participant. This is creates a more personnalised form.
After the sending out of invitations you're able to track the status of the of the registrants in real-time.
For more info on how to do this check out our article: How to view my list of attendees?
The purpose of the public form is that is can be accessed by all whom possess the registration link. Therefore allowing them to register for your event.
Specifically, you can communicate the registration link by your own (mailing, social network...) or through Eventdrive.
Once the link to the form is communicated, you will see the list of people registered in in real-time from the "INVITE" section, the "Attendees" tab of the admin tool.
You can as well download your list of attendees in the eventdrive tool in order to share your registration. This is helpful when you know a part of your attendee but not the entire list. Ex: An attendee would like to forward his invitation email to a colleague.
The attendee list will be updated in two ways:
- Attendees added by the event manager in the backoffice and whom replied positively to the invitation, will have their status automatically updated from ” Awaiting answer” to “Confirmed” (on the "INVITE", go to the "Attendees" tab).
- Attendees who have never been added by the event manager but whom registered positively to the event directly from the registration link will then be added in the attendee list as "Confirmed".
- The private registration form is only accessible via an invitation email sent from Eventdrive. Its a customized form, which is based on the participant information. The sending of invitation email has to be done through Eventdrive.
- The public registration form is accessible to all who possess the URL to the form. The sending of invitation email can be done through your own way or Eventdrive
- Unlike the private registration form, don't import the list of participant as part of a public registration form. Learn more here how to configure your registration form: How to create a registration form?