Eventdrive is here to help you before, during and after your event. The registration form is used during the preparation phase. In this article, find out how to create one.
Go to "INVITE", click on "Registration form", then you have 2 ways to create your registration form:
- Click on "Create registration form".
- Duplicate an existing one by clicking on "Duplicate".
Once this step is done, you will see in this feature split in 2 parts:
- Registration form
In "Registration Form", go to the first block, named "Fields". You will find fields that Eventdrive proposes to the left side in the sections "Attendee fields", "Custom fields", "Sessions", "Misc" and "Sensitive information".
On the right part named "Form fields", you will add fields to be visible by your attendees. The fields "First name", "Last name", and "Email" are by default present as they are mandatory fields.
Choose the fields you would like to appear on the registration form and drag and drop them from the left side onto the right of the page.
- Attendee fields
Now, click on one of the elements added and fill in the following fields within them:
- "Label": You need insert a (phrase or a question) that the attendee will find on their registration form and if need be on their app profile. You will find the name on the export of your attendee list.
- "Helper Text": To guide attendees when they want to insert the field.
- Check "Mandatory" if you would like the user to have to fill out this field.
Click on "Save changes".
This option allows your participants to specify which transport type is used to come to your event (train, plane, car, other).
If they choose the "Plane" option, they will be able to find their flight by entering only the date of their flight and the departure/arrival airport and arrival or the company initials.
And you, as an event manager, will see the flight details such as: the airport, the flight number, the flight company...
- Custom fields
Do the same for your "Custom fields".
Check the article: How can I add a custom field on the registration form? to see the procedure.
If you would like that your attendees to subscribe to certain sessions of your event, check out our article How to configure registrations for agenda sessions?
Still on "Fields", on the "Misc" section, you can use "Text", " Separator" and "Page break" to organise your registration form. Based on the same instructions above, by dragging and dropping it in the order you wish on to the "Form fields".
For the "Text" field, click on the "Text" tool to complete your text and save it.
- Sensitive information
If you wish to ask sensitive data to your attendees (such as disabled access requery or dietary restrictions, etc.) these fields are here for this. Data entered by your attendees onto these fields will be purged automatically 24hours after the end of your event. Fore more information about the purge of sensitive data, check this article: Purge of personal data.
In "Settings", fill in the following items:
- "Name" : name your registration form in order to find easily. It is only seen by you.
- "Welcome text": you can add a welcome text that will appear above your form for your attendees.
- "Thank you message": you can add a customized thank you message. It will appear when the attendees will have validated their registration.
- "Text in case of refusal": you can add a customized refusal message. It will appear when the attendee will have declined their registration.
- "Text when form is closed": you are able to customize the text that appears when the form is closed. It will appear instead of your form if your form is closed to attendees (see below).
Finally, go to the the final stab called "Settings".
- "Visibility" : choose the type "Public" or "Private" for your registration from. See the article What is the difference between a Public or private registration form? for further information on the distinction.
- "Allow attendees to accept or deny invitation": This option is visible only when your form is private. it is best to keep it checked to have an accurate updated list of attendees who have confirmed or declined.
- "The registration form is": you can open or close the registration form by ticking the respective boxes. When a for mis closed, no attendee can register to your event.
- "Auto open the registration form": configure the opening of registration forms at a specific date or not.
- "Auto close the registration form": decide whether the registration of attendees closes automatically or not. Please read How to close my registration form? to understand the 3 options.
- "Select a confirmation email": choose a confirmation email by selecting an e-mail from the drop-down menu. This email will be automatically sent to attendees when they validate their registration forms. For more information: How to send a confirmation email automatically to my attendees?
- "Select a confirmation email in case of refusal": choose a refusal confirmation email by selecting an e-mail from the drop-down menu. This email will be automatically sent to attendees when they decline your invitation. For more information: How to send a confirmation email automatically to my attendees?
Click on "Save" at the bottom right of the page.
- If you have an app the "Restricted by user" access, or a multi-event app, it is mandatory that you add the "Password" field in your form.