Eventdrive is here to help you before, during and after your event. The registration form is used during the preparation phase. In this article, find out how to create one.
Go to "INVITE", click on "Registration form", then on "Create registration form". You can duplicate one by clicking one "Duplicate".
In "Info", fill in the following items:
- "Name" : name your registration form in order to attach it to the invitation email. It is only seen by you.
- "Location": you can add the location of your event. This address will be seen on a map in the registration form.
- "Description": you can add a description.
- "Background image": drag a background image into the space provided. Format: png/jpg file, max size:1920px x 1080px.
- "Button color": choose the color of the registration validation button. You can either insert a hexadecimal code or choose a color in the palette available.
- "Thank you message": you can add a customized thank you message. It will appear when the attendees will have validate their registration.
- "Text in case of refusal": you can add a customized refusal message. It will appear when the attendee will have declined their registration.
Now, go to the "Fields" section. Here the "First name","Last name" and "Email" are mandatory fields and required in the registration form.
You will then find some by default fields suggested by Eventdrive (company, function...). Depending on your preferences you can make them visible on the form by checking them in the "Show" column.
On the other hand, if there are fields that you want to make mandatory to the participants, you must check them in the "Required" column.
Do the same for your custom fields. See the article: How can I add a customized field on the registration form? to set them.
Finally, go to the the final section called "Settings".
- "Visibility" : choose the type "Public" or "Private" registration from. See the article What is the difference between a Public or private registration form? to understand the distinction.
- "Allow attendees to accept or deny invitation": it is best to keep it checked to have an accurate updated list of attendees who have confirmed or declined.
- "The registration form is": you can open or close the registration form by ticking the respective boxes.
- "Automatically close the registration form": decide whether the registration of attendees closes automatically or not. Please read How to close my registration form? to understand the 3 options.
- "Attendees must create a password to register": as part of an application, it is strongly recommended to check the box so that the attendees can create a password and therefore access to your application.
- "Include the Landing Website in this registration form" : Link your presentation website to your registration form. This way attendees will have access to information about your event.
- "Select a confirmation email": choose a confirmation email by selecting an e-mail from the drop-down menu.
- "Select a confirmation email in case of refusal": choose a refusal confirmation email by selecting an e-mail from the drop-down menu.
Click on "Save" at the bottom right of the page.
- In the "INVITE" section of the admin tool, click on "Registration form"
- Enter the name of your form, the location or the background image in the "Info" block.
- In the "Field" section, activate the fields you want to make visible and check the "Required" column for fields where you need a response.
- In the "Settings", choose the visibility of your form or whether you want the form to be opened or closed.
- If you have an event app, we recommend you to ask your attendees to create a user account.
- Finally, you can link your landing website to the confirmation email if you have one.