You would like to invite participants via our mailing feature. Do this by following the steps below.
Note: Make sure that you have already created a registration form before creating the invitation email. Here is How create a registration form?
From the admin tool, go to "INVITE" then "Mailing".
Go to "Settings" and fill in the following fields;
- Sender name: By default, the name of the expeditor will be the creator of the mail. You can modify this.
- Email address of the sender: This must be customized, it is usually the email of the organizing team. The recipient replies to the email in this field.
Now go to "Emails".
Click on "Create a new email".
Choose if you would like to "Create a blank email" or "Create email from existing template".
If you would like to use and existing template, select the one you would like.
Fill in the following fields:
- "Name": Here add in the name of your email that will help you find it later. This name is only visible from the Eventdrive platform.
- "Subject": Here add the subject of the mails that will appear for your recipients.
- "iCalendar": Tick this option if you want to join an iCalendar file to your email, so that your recipients can add the event to their calendar.
- "Badge": Tick this option if you want to join a badge to your email, so that your recipient can save it or print it prior to the event. Make sure the badge is set up before attaching it to your email. If this is the case, select the desired badge. If you wish to create badges, please read the article How to create the badge of your attendees?
- "Registration form": Link a registration form to you email only if this is an invitation email. You can find below the specificities of an invitation email.
- "Tags": You can add tags to your email to easily identify it when you have many emails in your list. To add more than one tag, just separate them with a comma, with no space in between. Ex: vip,free
Your email is blank.
On the right hand side you will find a toolbar with three blocks:
- Content: add text, image, button, separation and social networks and especially the registration link (learn step 6 how to proceed). Click and drag an item onto your template to add it.
- Structure: choose from among the proposed structures the ones you want to add to your template. Click-drag the item to place it on your email.
- Body: Customize the body characteristics of your e-mail. Font, font color, links ...
- Remember to click on the "Save" button. As part of an invitation e-mail, the registration link must be inserted in the body of the email in order to be able to register.
- If you would like to re-use this format of email for your communication mails you can also click on "Save as template". You will then be able to find it in your catalogue.
- To edit a text block: Click on the text box area, you will see a grey tool bar appear with a grey background. In the space to the right you will also find formatting options. Use them as you like.
- To edit a button: Click the button area, you will see a very toolbar that will appear. In the space to the right you will also find formatting options. Use them as you wish.
- To edit an image block: Click on the image block and have a look at the toolbar to the right to see the settings for this element.
- To edit a social media button: Click on the button area of social networks, and you will see in the space to the right there are fields where you can add in social media links.
In the space given, you have the possibility to add up to 5 documents attached. The maximum space given is 10Mb. The documents must be in PDF format.
During the creation of your mail, do not hesitate to preview it in order to look at you emails, click on "Actions" on the top left on the grey bar above your template.
Then click "Preview". Here you will be able to see how the email will look on participants emails.
- For an invitation email, the registration link must be inserted within the mail body and the registration form must be linked to the mail for the mail to be saved.
- For a public registration form, you shall not communicate the the form link from Eventdrive. It is better suited to send it by your own means.
- For a private registration form, you shall communicate the the form only from Eventdrive. It is not permitted to send it by your own means.
- For a private registration form, the emails should not be forwarded between invitees.
- The email address of the sender is a "noreply" address. The address ID not customizable: noreply-<name_of_your_organization>@eventdrive.com
- You can customize the name of the sender of the email. By default, the name of the sender will be that of the creator of the mail.
- Make sure the participants email server doesn't block the email@example.com address. Else, get the address whitelisted.
- You cannot add in a registration link into a communication email. Only in the invitation emails have this capability.
- By default the email body size is 500px, so no matter the email tool used (i.e. gmail, hotmail...), it will be displayed at the size shown.
- Always test your emails before sending. To do this don't hesitate to check out our article, How to test invitation and communication emails?
- If you want to have more ideas for create communication and invitation e-mail click here